Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Group Break: Once upon a time I was ahead on these posts.

As the title suggests, for a few days I had a bunch of posts all pre-written and queued up.  Then the work week started and I didn't even get on the computer (at home) for more than five minutes.  Now all of the sudden, it's Thursday and I'm out of fresh material.  However, the group break must go on - so here's a few more quick packs (from the 2003 UD Patch box).

3.  Robby Hammock - Diamondbacks
34.  Karim Garcia - Indians
94.  Edgardo Alfonso - Giants
113.  Kevin Mench - Rangers
117.  Josh Phelps - Blue Jays

Wow.  I don't know if you could hand pick a worse five card pack from the set if you tried.  I would have been incredibly mad/disappointed if I had paid money back in 2003 and this was the one pack that I ended up with.  I don't feel like giving any of the bums the pack win - but since the rules (that I make up) say I have to, the Blue Jays get the win for having a guy who almost sounds like he could be an Olympic champion swimmer.

Next up, a slightly better pack...

11.  Chipper Jones - Braves
30.  Aaron F-ing Boone - Reds
53.  Shawn Green - Dodgers

88.  Brian Giles - Pirates
98.  John Olerud - Mariners

This pack was much, much better than the first pack at least.  I'm giving the pack win to the Dodgers because the celebration shot is one of the few "unique" photos in the set.  Mostly the photos are batters swinging or pitchers throwing - having something else as a subject is all it takes to win the pack apparently.

And the final pack for today:
30.  Aaron - F-ing Doubles - Boone
44.  Roy Oswalt - Astros
53.  Shawn - I want to win two packs in a row - Green
90.  Sean Burroughs - Padres
110.  Rafael Palmeiro - Rangers
MVP-13.  Ichiro - Mariners

If my memory is correct, this pack provided us with our first doubles of the break - and that's including every single box!  An amazing run that had to end at some point I guess...  In addition, how about the Ichiro patch?  Pretty nice huh?  A great pack for the Mariners - their second pack win of the break!

The Ichiro marks the third patch card out of the box so if the box odds are correct, we shouldn't find any more hits in the remaining four packs.  Given that, I decided to open the next four packs already...but not show them since there IS more good stuff to come. Let's just say we crushed the stated odds for the box (and we already got two of the jumbo all-star patches when the front of the box says you only get one).  Good stuff all the way around - and more good stuff to come from the box, stay tuned as we wrap down the break!

And a big thanks to the sponsor - Baseball Card Exchange!

Comments