Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

How Are You Collecting the 2012 Topps Set?

As my title asks, I want to know:

How are you collecting the 2012 Topps set?  Are you buying boxes, packs, or blasters?  Are you buying singles or complete sets?  Are you buying nothing?  Inquiring minds want to know!

As for me, I want to acquire only a few cards:

First, I want the various insert cards that have Barry Larkin included on them.  As of now, I don't have any in my possession but I have received word that all are on their way to me.

Second, I wanted the one (and only?) relic card of Larkin from the set.

I managed to purchase that off of eBay for a relatively low cost.

It will, of course, get a proper post in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series, but I had to show it off here too since it was an integral part of what I'm collecting from the 2012 Topps set.

Now it's your turn to do the talkin'!

Comments

  1. I bought a couple of packs, then picked up the singles I actually wanted at a card show last weekend.

    I will probably go the eBay route for series two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't bought many packs. I will wait and pick up most of what I need through trades. Ebay is another option for me to pick up some hits on the cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the Red Sox both base and inserts but no relic or autos all by trade or LCS dime box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2012 Topps? I haven't finished 2009 Topps yet.

    I bought a pack and an (overpriced) blaster at Toys R Us and that's it for now.

    If and when the price drops, I'll pick up some Hobby. But probably not until the East Coast National in August.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the Cubs base cards, mostly for Reed Johnson and the parking lot gulls. Post to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've bought a few packs, but mostly the jumbo packs. I'm mainly looking to create a Cardinals team set, but I may go ahead and complete the whole first series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll buy the factory set and I'll pick up the singles for my type collection but that's it. Between my other priorities and the lack of appeal with the inserts I have no interest in packs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment