Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Valentine's Gifts from my Wife! (Plus Audience Questions!)

My wonderful wife bought me a couple of nice Valentine's Day presents for our first V-day as a married couple...  So nice, in fact, that I have to show them off here:

Oh yeah, that's a box of 1998 UD Retro (because I had so much fun with the 1999 box she got me for Christmas) and a box of 1997 Fleer Sports Illustrated World Series Fever Edition cards.

Since I don't have a group break currently going on (more on that at the bottom of the post), I figured I'd take the time to show the packs from the Fleer Sports Illustrated box over the next few days.  I already ripped all the packs (seriously, how could you expect me NOT to?!) and I can say that I didn't pull one of the redemption cards for Mays, Aaron, or others autographs.  In all honesty, that's just as well as I would have been disappointed to land such a huge hit only to have it be expired by a decade and a half!  I haven't collated the set yet, but I do know there are some duplicates within the box so pay attention to that too - there will be some nice trade bait to come out of the box for you guys (and girls) as well!

Here's the first pack - the box contains 24 packs and each pack contains 6 cards.  In reality, each pack contains 5 actual cards plus a mini poster as I found out once I started opening the packs!

Pack 1:
29.  Tino Martinez - Season Highlight

39.  Joe Carter - Inside Baseball

90.  Bobby Jones

140.  Tim Naehring

152.  Jeff Cirillo

According to the pack wrapper, there are 96 base cards, 27 "Fresh Faces," 18 "Inside Baseball," 18 "S.I.ber Vision," 12 "Covers," and 9 "Season Highlights."  The pack doesn't mention whether or not any of the subsets are short printed but based on this pack I'm thinking they are seeded the same as any base card.

I also mentioned that each pack comes with a mini poster - the first pack yielded a stretching Mo Vaughn from the Boston Red Sox years.

All in all, a pretty nice start to the box - I really like the base cards, thick card stock, full bleed photos, and some great images.  The mini posters are kind of cool too (and the box has a few duplicates I know for sure so keep paying attention)!

Finally, as I mentioned briefly above, I don't have any sort of group break currently going on.

My questions for you all:

Would you be interested in another break?
If yes, then answer as many of the following as you feel like:
What price point?
What year(s) of products?
Do you prefer breaks with lots of base cards, lots of inserts, or lots of possible hits?
Any specific box (or boxes) that you'd like to see included in a break?
Any other ideas or suggestions?

Comments

  1. I missed out on most of the products from the mid-to-late 90's until about 2009. Group Breaks are the easiest way for me to fill in my team set collection gaps.
    As long as the breaks are affordable ($15-$30 a slot) and provide the chance for some decent hits then I'm always willing to participate.
    Group Breaks are also a great way to see some interesting products that I might not necessarily look to when buying my own boxes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment