Featured Post

Delivery Time! A Huge Trade with Ryan over at the Great Orioles Autograph Project

A few days ago, I mailed Ryan (from The Great Orioles Autograph Project) a big 'ol pile of cards from his want list.  His package of cards for me arrived recently - it just took me a long time to sort all the goodies!

Where to begin?!

One of the things that I've noticed with trading is that after a year or so has gone by for a specific card set, the trade offers dwindle to basically nothing.  Thus, anytime someone can help me inch closer to some of my older sets on my want list (especially the 2008 and 2009 stuff), I'm extremely happy.  Ryan managed to help me out on a few different sets.

The first older set that he helped me with was the 2008 Topps Heritage set.

The 2008 Heritage set (along with the 2009 Heritage set) were the reason I didn't bother trying to collect the 2010 edition of Heritage.  It's frustrating as a set collector to have so many blank spots in the set binder because of all the short prints and inserts!  Luckily for me, Ryan was able to send me both a short print (Justin Morneau) and an insert (Jon Lester) that I needed.

That knocks my Heritage base set needs down to a mere 6 cards:
 Base: #464, 465, 480, 488, 495, 500
And the corresponding insert set needs are even smaller with only 5 cards remaining on my want list:
Then & Now (low series): #TN5
Rookie Performer (high series): #RP4, RP9
Flashbacks (high series): #FB1, FB7
Any help there is greatly appreciated!

Moving a year closer to the present, but sticking with the Heritage line, Ryan sent me a pair of 2009 Topps Heritage inserts that I needed.

Unfortunately for me, my want list for the 2009 Heritage set is MUCH larger - I still need over 30 of the base cards plus a slew of inserts.  That said, any help is appreciated and I can now say that I'm two cards closer to completion than I was a few days ago!

Speaking of difficult to complete sets, Ryan sent me a pair of 2009 Upper Deck Goudey cards as well - both short prints that I needed.

The '09 Goudey set was all the rage for a little bit and then it seemed to disappear (pretty much like Upper Deck did now that I think about it).  If anyone happens to have any of the following cards lying around from 2009 Goudey - I'd love to try and work out a trade:
 Base: 203, 207, 211, 218, 219, 220, 224, 225, 226, 227, 230, 231, 233, 234, 238, 240,242, 248, 251, 252, 253, 256, 257, 258, 259, 263, 265, 268, 269, 270, 277, 278, 279, 281, 283, 292, 295, 296, 297
As you can see, I've made decent progress but there's a long ways to go yet until I can say the set is completed.  As a side note, I happen to have a lot of 2009 Goudey cards still available for trade if anyone wants to trade for Goudey.

Along with the above sets, Ryan knocked off a card from my 2010 Topps National Chicle set...

...and a few from the 2009 Topps Turkey Red set including this rather nice Gehrig card.

Finally, as if the above cards weren't enough - Ryan did serious damage to my 2010 Bowman Platinum want list.

He sent me 13 cards from the set that I needed - and when you consider that the set is only 100 cards in size, 13% is a nice number to get help with in a single trade package!  

Last, but certainly not least, Ryan sent me a big stack of Larkins.  While there were a few in the pile that I already had (which is bound to happen with my rapidly growing collection), there were a bunch that were new to me as well.  You'll see all of those, plus some other recent additions to the Larkin Collection in due time!

Thanks for the great trade Ryan!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make me an offer!

Comments

  1. I'm very happy that we could help each other out! Thanks for the cards as well. Unfortunately, the cards I've received in trades have kind of all been lumped together so doubt I will write up such a specific trade post, but appreciate the cards greatly, nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment