Featured Post

Group Break 3: Crazy Good Hit!

It's time for four more packs of Fleer Fall Classic - and as you can tell by the title, we got ourselves a nice little hit (at least it's a great one by my standards)!  That means I should say thanks, once again, to the group break sponsor:  Baseball Card Exchange.


Pack 15:
4.  Lou Gehrig - Yankees
12.  Stan Musial - Cardinals
28.  Juan Marichal - Giants
63.  Robin Yount - Brewers
98.  Cy Young (Red Sox) & Bob Gibson (Cardinals)

As usual, the multi-team cards will be randomed off at the end of the break.

Pack 16:
10.  Phil Rizzuto - Yankees
23.  Kirby Puckett - Twins
39.  Jimmie Foxx - Athletics
RF JB-CF:  Rival Factions Dual Relic:  Johnny Bench (Reds) & Carlton Fisk (Red Sox)

SWEET!  I had said earlier in the break that I had never pulled a dual relic except for that Pujols dual relic in a previous group break.  In this break alone I've now pulled TWO dual relics.  Unlike the first dual relic of the break, this one features two players from two teams - which means there is a bit of a dilemma.  There are two choices that I see:
1.  Random the card off between the Reds (myself) and the Red Sox (Brad)
2.  Give the card to whichever team does worse in the break overall (the Reds are currently doing "better" since they have a serially numbered card plus an insert).  The Red Sox have no inserts or serially numbered cards.  Neither team has a hit up until now.  Obviously, if one team were to land a hit later in the break - which would probably be the Red Sox since it's exceedingly rare for me to pull a Reds hit there's no way I'd pull two in the same break - then this hit would go to the other team.

If we go option one, it would only be fair to get a non-biased person to random the card off.  If we option two, then randomness probably won't have to come into play, but I suppose it could if the two teams end up with essentially the same pile of goodies when all is said and done.

Let me know - and everyone can chime in here so that I can use the same policy for all group breaks from here on out - this is the first time a situation like this has occurred!

Pack  17:
15.  Ozzie Smith - Cardinals
47.  Brooks Robinson - Orioles
68.  Frank Baker - Athletics
75.  Roger Maris - Cardinals

76.  Dom DiMaggio - Red Sox

I didn't realize until I collated the first bunch of cards from the set that there are two version (different teams) for some of the players in the set - such as the Maris card from this pack.

Pack 18:
33.  Eddie Murray - Orioles
72.  Frankie Frisch - Cardinals
74.  Johnny Bench - Reds

80.  Pepper Martin - Cardinals
81.  Graig Nettles - Yankees

A lot of Cardinals in the packs today!  Luckily, there was a Johnny Bench card too so I didn't have to show two Cardinal scans in the same post...just kidding (not really).

Comments

  1. Nice pull! Is it serial numbered? I say random it off between the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's an awesome pull! Two HOF's on one card!

    As for who it goes to, (as an independent third party to this break) I'd say randomization would be the most fair way to determine it's final destination. "Who has done best in the break" is very subjective and could be viewed differently by different people if it's close... just my two cents!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment