Featured Post

Group Break 4: 2003 Donruss Champions - Packs 2 and 3

Happy Weekend.

Let's celebrate by opening up two more packs...this time we move back to the '03 Donruss Champions box.

Pack 2:
29.  Ed Rogers - Orioles
81.  Jeremy Guthrie - Indians
83.  Luis Garcia - Indians
128.  Carlos Beltran - Royals
154.  Joe Mays - Twins
267.  Eric Hinkse - Blue Jays
300.  Jason Dubois - Blue Jays
GC-22.  Grand Champions:  Tony Gwynn - Padres

The Grand Champions cards are seeded 1:18 packs.  A nice pick-up for the Padres - another one of the "bonus teams" in the break!

Pack 3: 
24.  Andy Pratt
52.  Moises Alou - Cubs
91.  Jeff Baker - Rockies
153.  A.J. Pierzynski - Twins
180.  Whitey Ford - Yankees

266.  Carlos Delgado - Blue Jays
273.  Vernon Wells - Blue Jays
WSC-9.  World Series Champs:  Tim Salmon - Angels #1014/2002

What do you guys think of this set?  I have to admit that I feel like a fool for stubbornly refusing to even buy a single pack of Donruss cards back in the early 00s.  Based on the boxes in this break, plus some of the other Donruss boxes from previous group breaks, I have really liked what I've seen thus far.  I'm interested in your thoughts though!

Comments

  1. I love the Champions set. Just in this preview you pulled 3 cards of players I collect (Hinske, Gwynn and Salmon). Even though I didn't sign up I'll be watching the outcome of this box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. donruss fan here. i especially like their inserts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment