Featured Post

Group Break #5: 2000 Pacific Aurora - Packs 1, 2, & 3

One of the fun things about doing group breaks that way I do them is that I get to spend quite a bit of time looking at each pack (and card) seeing as how I post a pack-by-pack breakdown for every box.  Of course, it does take a bit of time - but I would suggest sitting back, relaxing, and enjoy the flurry of group break posts that I'm sure will be cluttering up your blog rolls over the next few days (or weeks).  This time, however, I have decided to try and make my evening post (usually around 6 or 7 PM EST) be a NON-group break post.  I know all my group breakers would love another post full of baseball card goodness - but the majority of my readers are most definitely not in the group break and I aim to please everyone*!

*ok, that's total bullsh*t.  I aim to please me, and it would please me to not do only group break posts for the next two weeks.  You'll enjoy what I give you and you'll thank me for it.

Enough jibber-jabber, let's get on with the break.  Here are the first three packs out of the 2000 Pacific Aurora box - and once again, big ups to our group break sponsor - Baseball Card Exchange!

I almost forgot - I posted the final team randomizations last night - so if you missed those check 'em out to see who your second team is!

Pack 01:
30.  Paul Konerko - White Sox

43.  Manny Ramirez - Indians
58.  Cliff Floyd - Marlins
78.  Jeromy Burnitz - Brewers
95.  Robin Ventura - Mets
14.  Pennant Fever:  Bernie Williams - Yankees #088/399

The Pennant Fever cards come in three different versions.  The copper version is hobby only and numbered out of 399 (which is what we found) but there is also a silver retail only version (numbered out of 199) and a platinum blue Pennant Fever variation which are numbered out of 67.  According to the pack wrapper, there are also "regular" Pennant Fever cards seeded 4:37 packs.

Pack 02:
39.  Eddie Taubensee - Reds
56.  Dean Palmer - Tigers
63.  Craig Biggio - Astros
92.  Darryl Hamilton - Mets
121.  Mark McGwire - Cardinals

17.  Scouting Report:  Ken Griffey Jr. - Mariners

The Scouting Report cards are seeded 4:37 packs and are another hobby only insert.  Since I had to pick up the last remaining slot in the break, I chose the Mariners precisely so I could get some Ken Griffey Jr. cards - so I'm happy to see one pop-up early in the break!

Pack 03:
20.  B.J. Surhoff - Orioles
42.  Kenny Lofton - Indians
54.  Juan Encarnacion - Tigers
89.  Jose Vidro - Expos
135.  Alex Rodriguez - Mariners
11.  Scouting Report:  Vladimir Guerrero - Expos

Three packs in and we already found two of our (expected) four Scouting Report inserts!  It's nice to see a team like the Expos get a little love though - that's often an underappreciated team!

A fun start to the break - right now only the Rockies, Royals, Angels, Pirates, Padres, and Blue Jays are without a single card - not bad for only six packs into a seven BOX break!

Comments