Featured Post

Group Break #5: 2002 Donruss Elite - Packs 4, 5, and 6

Whenever I break the boxes, I always find myself trying to figure out if a certain pack "feels" like it has a hit in it (usually by weight or thickness).  I am quite terrible at this game...but if I'm correct, the last pack in this post should have something good.  Am I correct in my prognosticating?  Let's find out together:

Pack 04:
26.  Joe Mays - Twins
57.  Orlando Cabrera - Expos
73.  Paul Lo Duca - Dodgers
87.  Adam Dunn - Reds
BF-23.  Back to the Future:  Vladimir Guerrero - Expos #0236/1000

A great looking card for the Expos - and, for that matter, a great pack for Montreal with the extra base card in addition to the Vlad.  Gotta love the serially numbering love that Donruss always shows collectors!

Pack 05:
1.  Vladimir Guerrero - Expos
8.  Ken Griffey Jr. - Reds

28.  Mark Quinn - Royals
37.  Javy Lopez - Braves
99.  Derrek Lee - Marlins

Woo, I love the Griffey Jr. card - that's the sixth Reds card in the break - so far so good for my team!

Pack 06:
21.  Scott Rolen - Phillies
33.  Mike Cameron - Mariners
39.  Jeff Bagwell - Astros
43.  Ellis Burks - Indians

64.  Juan Pierre - Rockies

And that hit I thought I felt?  .........

Dummy card.

Yep.  More proof that I'm a dummy I guess - that's why I don't pack search!

Comments

  1. O a dummy card. Dang. Thought we had our first hit. Braves Mojo. Lets go Baby

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment