Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 130: 2000 Pacific Aurora #37

Barry Larkin
Year:  2000
Brand:  Pacific Aurora
Card number:  37

The 2000 Pacific Aurora set features two different versions of this Larkin card.  The common version (shown here) has the red background.  There also exists a version with a pinstripe background that is short printed (which as of the time I wrote this post I do not own).

As I mentioned above, this particular card features a red background (with subtle designs) with two main photos.  The first, a head shot of Larkin while there is smaller action shot of Larkin in the upper right corner.  The team logo and script player name complete the front design.  Surprisingly, despite all the different things going on with the card, I think the entire concept comes together quite well.  I particularly like the heavier card stock - combined with the gold foil script name, this card "feels" nice.

The good design continues on the back - and while I would prefer more statistics I love the third photo and large team logo.  Another thing that I love about Pacific cards is that they label what the set is right in the card number circle.  I think all card companies should be required to do that - it's too confusing otherwise!  Kudos to Pacific for that one.

Comments