Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 133: 1999 Fleer Brilliants - #103

Barry Larkin
Year:  1999
Brand:  Fleer Brilliants
Card number:  103

The Fleer Brilliants set is another set that I didn't know anything about until I opened a box of the product for one of my group breaks.  As it turns out, the set is actually quite nice (though some sticking of some of the cards occurs - a problem common to many late-90s sets).  Luckily, this particular Larkin card escaped the sticking issue and is in great shape.

In an interesting twist, I find the back of the card to be much more aesthetically pleasing than the front.  I guess it's the black background or the fact that Larkin appears to be playing baseball in front of a black hole that simply doesn't interest me.  The back of the card, however, features plenty of color - plus an action photo and a team logo to go along with a small informational blurb about Larkin.

Comments