Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Bonus Cards from Cardboard Collections

Yesterday, I posted the results of a recent group break held by Colbey over at Cardboard Connections.  What I neglected to show off was a second package of 4 "bonus" cards that Colbey also sent my way!  Since the package contained three (yes three!) new Barry Larkin cards for my collection, you know I have to show 'em all off!

First up, a 1997 Pinnacle Certified card of Barry Larkin.

I don't know what the rage was with the "peel off" plastic bits in the late 90s but it kind of bugs me.  I never can decide whether I should peel the card or not...and it's even tougher when it's the only copy I own of a certain Barry Larkin card!

Next, a 2001 Topps Finest:

Larkin looks like his swing just caused sonar waves to emanate out from the home plate area.  Totally strange!

And the last new Larkin card, a 1997 Topps Gallery!

This might be the only card I own with a gaudy, fake gold "frame" around the border!  It's certainly a unique card within my Larkin binder now!

Colbey also threw in a single non-Larkin card from the Upper Deck 20th Anniversary Retrospective set.

This card happens to feature Jay Bruce - or as Reds fan refer to him as, BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!

Thanks for the extra cards Colbey, they were much appreciated!  As always, if anyone else wants to trade - or maybe you have some random Barry Larkin cards lying around, shoot me an email and make an offer!

Comments