Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Group Break results from Cardboard Collections!

Oh sure, by now you know that I host my share of group breaks on the blogs - but I also try to join in other people's breaks whenever I can!  One of the recent breaks that I joined was Colbey's over at Cardboard Collections.  Colbey usually runs some pretty cheap breaks - often with two or three different boxes (and usually products that are mostly new to me)!

For his recent break, I decided to claim two slots - the Reds and the Mariners (on a whim).  I also ended up with a pair of random teams - the Angels and the Rays.  Since I have four teams - I figured I'd look at the two or three best cards from each of the teams.  If you see something you want (non-Reds edition) let me know as I'm willing to trade!

We'll start with the Angels which were the worst of the four teams for me.

There were three boxes in the break - '99 Skybox Thunder, '03 Fleer Double Header, and '03 Fleer Genuine.  The Skybox Thunder box produced a few duplicates for most teams - including the Angels as I ended up with two of the Edmonds (pictured above) as well as Chuck Finley.

Next, the Rays.

The Rays weren't a great team in the break either - though I did land a "Let's Play Too" insert card from the Double Header box.  Too bad it's of Felix Escalona who I never heard of!

Now, onto the two teams I claimed, starting with the Mariners.

I didn't land any Ken Griffey Jr. cards, but I did get a pair of the flip-up cards from the Double Header box.  Each flip-up card features two players - the Ichiro is pair with Sammy Sosa while the Sasaki is paired with Ichiro.  Obviously, not all the pairings were team specific - and I believe Colbey decided who got the card based on the outer player.

I also ended up with an inset of Jeter/Boone from the Double Header box - this one a Keystone Combination card.  I guess it's nice enough - but I'd be willing to trade it as I know there are plenty of Yankee fans out there who might want it (and enjoy it) more than I will!

Finally, we end with the Reds - which just so happened to be the best team (of the four I ended up with).  As a Reds fan, what more can I ask for?!

I only landed one Barry Larkin card - but I'm pretty certain that it is a new one for the collection.  I also landed a single Ken Griffey Jr. card from the same set - '03 Fleer Genuine.

However, while the Larkin and Griffey were nice, the big hit for me out of the break was this game-worn jersey card of Adam Dunn!

Thanks for the break Colbey!  And, if anyone is interested in any of the cards/teams I mentioned above - shoot me an email and let me know!

Comments

  1. Nice jersey pull! And its an attractive card to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was surprised at how great looking those Genuine Article jersey cards looked.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment