Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! More 1899 Ginter Fish!

I showed off a few of the 1899 Allen & Ginter fish cards a few days ago.  I'm pleased to say that I am now the proud owner of three more of the fish - the Haddock, Flying Fish, and Shad.

The set consists of 50 fish and with the three that just arrived to my collection, I now own 8 of the 50.  Since I'm not fussy on condition (obviously, just look at the page I created to keep track of what I have), I've been able to land each card for $5.00 or less.

The Flying Fish card is creased terribly but it has probably the best back of any of the 8 fish that I own.

The Haddock, on the other hand, looks really good on the front of the card but the back features a well-used checklist!

The Shad (shown at the top of the post) has some water (?) damage at the top of the card but is otherwise in pretty decent shape for a card that is over 100 years old!

I'm guessing the set will be hard to complete - last I checked there weren't any similar cards on eBay (at least within my budget).  However, the cards seem to be a lot more fun to chase than a set like the Topps flagship. Maybe the fish cards are providing me with just the break that I need from modern stuff (which is good since I've yet to purchase a single pack of 2012 product).

Comments