Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Group Break #5: 2002 Donruss Elite - Packs 7, 8, and 9

Today's posts are all on autopilot as I'm nowhere near my computer for the next day or two.  I will (assuming all goes well), have new posts for you go live despite my absence.  Given that, don't expect any big comments (or any comments at all) from me for a day or two - but when I return I will get back to you all, I promise!

Enough chatting, let's get on with the cards!

Pack 7:
44.  Mark Grace - Diamondbacks
46.  Jeff Conine - Orioles
47.  Derek Jeter - Yankees

71.  Corey Koski - Twins
85.  Mike Piazza - Mets

Even though I'm not a Yankees fan, even I have to admit that's a nice card of Jeter.  On an unrelated note, I'm surprised that there aren't (seemingly) any Mets fans on the blogs anymore.  I used to be able to count on both the Yankees and Mets amongst the first teams claimed for any group break - but lately the Mets have been a "random" team more often than not...

Pack 8:
34.  Frank Catalanotto - Rangers
75.  Matt Morris - Cardinals
77.  Rich Aurilia - Giants
93.  Billy Wagner - Astros
157.  Rookie:  Kyle Kane - White Sox  #0379/1500

There are 50 rookies numbered as part of the base set - and all 50 rookies are numbered out of 1500!  I wonder if anyone ever put together the full base set for 2002 Donruss Elite?

Pack 9:
7.  Jermaine Dye - Athletics
14.  Roy Oswalt - Astros
31.  Pedro Martinez - Red Sox

78.  Todd Walker - Reds
89.  Richard Hidalgo - Astros

Who would have guessed the Astros would be the second team to 15 cards in the break (behind only the Yankees in the race to 15)!

Comments