Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 134: 1999 Fleer Molten Metal - #71

Barry Larkin
Year:  1999
Brand:  Fleer Molten Metal
Card number:  71

The real draw of the 1999 Fleer Molten Metal set was cards printed on actual metal.  However, a pack consisting of nothing but metal cards would be quite expensive, so Fleer spread out the metal cards to 1 in every 2 packs and loaded the rest up with base cards.  While it's not a terrible card, I find the design to be uninspiring at the least.  Both of Larkin's photos look sort of tired and I could do without the funky fonts on the front, not to mention the oversized 11 at the bottom of the card.  Finally, I hate that the card number resides in the middle of the back of the card.  When you sort a stack of the Molten Metal cards, it takes twice as long because the numbers are so difficult to see!  On the plus side, I like the full statistics and I like the team logo on the back!

Comments