Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! 1991 Donruss from Smed

Smed (from Smed's Baseball Card Blog) recently sent the third trade package involving 1991 Donruss cards.  It seems that people are plenty eager to purge their collection of the blue and green bordered set!  In fact, the cards are coming at a quick enough pace that I'm tempted to go through my collection and add the following "junk wax" sets to my want list:

  • 1990 Topps
  • 1990 Fleer
  • 1991 Fleer

I haven't bitten the bullet yet though - it would take a lot of typing because I'm guessing I need a couple hundred cards from both the Fleer sets.  The '90 Topps set should be a bit closer to completion but even that is probably a couple dozen or more cards away from being finished.  I wonder if people are equally anxious to dump off those sets?

Enough of what I might do, here's what I AM doing:  1991 Donruss.  Smed sent me about 20 cards (a few had already been knocked off the want list but there were still quite a few I needed for my set).  Since most of you probably don't care about cards from over 20 years (but less than 40 years ago), I'm going to have a little fun with the cards.  Here are 5 cards that Smed sent me with a true/false question for each one.  See how you do.

Question 1:


Michey Morandi was a member of the 1988 U.S. Olympic team.

Question 2:


Ken Griffey Jr. played for Vermont as part of a rehab stint and had 4 stolen bases in 17 games.

Question 3:


WIll Clark set the Giants record for most sacrifice flies in a season with 13 in 1990.

Question 4:


Pete Incaviglia had a 22-game hitting streak in 1989.

Question 5:


Darryl Strawberry became the first Mets player to have three 100-RBI seasons.

Answers to the questions:
#1.  True
#2.  True
#3.  True
#4.  False (it was George Bell with the hitting streak - a different card that Smed sent my way)
#5.  True

See, isn't 1991 Donruss fun?  You get quizzes and everything.

Comments

  1. I would love to get rid of 1990 Fleer (another set I'm not thrilled about). I'll be waiting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment