Featured Post

Delivery Time! Cards from Hawaii!

Yep, Hawaii.  My brother is in the Navy and happens to be stationed out in one of the most unique states in the nation!  Every now and then, we do some long distance trading - and given the recent rash of Topps Archives purchases by both of us, that's exactly the catalyst for the latest trade package to end up in my mailbox.

My brother managed to find the last remaining base card I needed:
#81.  Adrian Beltre

It seems like there is always one card that remains elusive long after the rest of the set is tucked away safely in a binder.  In fact, that's the reason I started the Elusive Eight page on my blog - for help tracking down the last few cards from different sets.  Luckily, I won't have to add any cards from the base Archives set to the Elusive Eight page!

Along with the base card that I needed, he also sent me a few short prints.  Of the five short prints, my favorite is the Jim Abbott mostly because I always liked the small stadium shot on the back of the 1992 Topps cards.

I don't think Topps got the font right for "Anaheim Stadium" but I'm too lazy to track down an original '92 card to make certain.  Even so, the stadium shot is appreciated!

Along with the base set (including short prints), I'm also chasing after some of the insert sets.  Of those, my brother managed to find an Archive reprint that I needed of Monte Irvin.

I am now well over halfway done with the 50 card reprint set which is exciting.  The list of what I still need is available here.  Finally, he also sent me a pair of inserts - one Deckle Edge and one Topps 3D card (two other sets that I'm chasing, along with the cloth sticker set).

Thanks for all the cards brother - and I'd be remiss if I didn't show off a few of the "bonus cards" he threw in including a bunch of Reds from a variety of sets.

How can you not love Cueto's picture in that first card?!

Finally, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments