Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Jabo's Group Break Swag

Awhile back, I joined a group break hosted by Kyle over at Juuuust a Bit Outside in which he busted a couple of boxes of 2012 Topps Archives.  At the time I joined, I figured I'd only collect the Reds from the set - but being the sucker that I am, I also bought into the Mariners and Pirates.  Well, by now you probably have figured out that I bought way more Archives than I should have - but luckily I did manage to land a couple of cards that I still needed (plus a boatload of duplicates).

First up, I landed two more cards for my set - one base card of Brandon Phillips that had eluded me up until this point and a short print of Ken Griffey (not Jr).  

I've decided to try and collect the entire Archive reprints set as well - which is good because I now own the Ralph Kiner reprint.  

In fact, the Pirates were a great team for me to buy into because I also landed a 3D card of Roberto Clemente that I didn't yet own (another one of the inserts that I'm going for) and a Deckle Edge card of Clemente (another insert set that I am trying to complete).

The Mariners, on the other hand, didn't yield much at all.  In fact, the only card of note was this gold parallel of Jesus Montero which is available for trade...

Besides the Archives, Kyle also threw in a few assorted Reds for me, including a Stadium Club card of Barry Larkin that I don't think I owned before now!

Thanks for hosting the group break Kyle!  If anyone would like to trade for the Montero gold parallel - or for Topps Archives in general, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments