Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Platinum Cards from Section 36

After spending nine days on a cruise, I had a lot of catching up to do.  Some of it was no fun at all (mowing the lawn) while other things were quite a bit of fun (ripping open trade envelopes).  I'm happy to report that the non-fun stuff is completed and so it's time for some fun, fun, fun!

One of the trade packages was a surprise package from Ron over at Section 36.  Toward the end of last year, I had sent Ron a trade package with a bunch of Red Sox cards that he needed.  Before that, he had sent me a package with some cards I needed, etc.  In fact, I'm not sure if Ron and I have ever agreed on a specific trade - it's been more about sending a package full of cards whenever we end up with some that other person wants/needs!

Well, the most recent package is number five in our back-and-forth trading pattern.  Ron managed to knock off a huge chunk of my 2011 Bowman Platinum wants and he found me the Brandon Phillips sparkle variation card (I had pulled a Red Sox one for him)!  What a great trade - thanks Ron!

The Phillips card is kind of neat - but I hope Topps lays off the gimmicks for a few years now.  The Bowman Platinum cards are also nice - but for a set that (to the best of my knowledge) no one but me is trying to complete, it sure has been difficult to track down the cards!

Ron sent me 15 Platinums that I needed including a couple of really nice ones.

Here's Michael Pineda laughing because he knows he's about to screw the Yankees over by moving to New York and then getting hurt right away.  I have a feeling Ron (being a Red Sox fan) enjoyed seeing the Yankees plans backfire.

As much as I like the Pineda, the best Bowman Platinum card in the bunch was this one of Josh Rodriguez.

Granted, I know nothing about Rodriguez - but look at the background.  Was this photo taken at his family farmstead?  Are those soccer goals on the left hand side?  So many questions!

Thanks for all the cards Ron - and I'll keep checking your lists to see if/when I can help you out again!

Comments