Featured Post

Delivery Time! Topps Archives from Brad

The richest among us may be ripping open Topps Tier One right now, but for the rest of us, it's more of a "bide our time until Ginter arrives" sort of attitude.  Luckily for me, Ginter isn't out yet which means there are still people opening up packs of Topps Archives - a set that I'm trying to complete the entire base set plus the majority of the insert sets.

While I have plenty of Topps Archives cards available for trade (list of Archives available), there are still plenty more that I hope to acquire.  As is usual with me, I'm more than happy to trade quantity for quality (so to speak), and that's basically what I did in my latest trade with blog reader Brad.

I sent Brad a decent sized stack of base Archive cards plus a nice Frank Thomas relic that I pulled from a blaster of Archives.  In return, Brad helped me out with a variety of insert sets plus a few of the short prints.  We begin with this nice Roberto Clemente card from the In Action insert set.

The In Action set is quite rare (at least in retail packs) but quite honestly isn't anything special.  I do like the look of the card but I don't like the fact that I'm still missing 6 of the 10 cards from the set.  I hate having to resort to eBay (or the like) but I may have to here!

Moving along, Brad sent me this Joey Votto gold parallel which is quite nice.

I'm not planning on chasing the gold parallel set (I have a few others available for trade in fact), but I won't turn down the Reds!  This one goes into the binder as a keeper as well.

From a current Red to a guy who most people think of as a Red - Joe Morgan.  Brad sent me one more Deckle Edge card that I needed (bringing my missing total down to 6 out of the 15 now).  

I also received a bunch of cloth sticker cards including the Steve Carlton card that I decided to scan for the blog.  

The cloth sticker set is fairly large (25 total) but I'm making much better progress on it than I am many of the other sets, probably because the cloth cards are fairly common.

I mentioned earlier that I'm trying for most of the insert sets - that includes the Archive reprint set (which is 50 cards in size)!  Brad helped me out here as well by sending me a few that I still needed including the Yastrazemski card).  

The last of the insert sets from Brad were the Topps 3D cards.  

Once again, I am closing in on completing the set (missing only Mantle and Robinson Cano)!  

Finally, Brad threw in three of the short print cards from the set which is a huge help!  I am now down to needing 11 of the 40 short prints (plus the super short print Harper which I will probably never acquire).  

Thanks for all the cards Brad (plus the extra Reds)!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the nice write up! Also, I picked up a barry larkin relic from the show i went to last weekend that i have ear marked for you our next trade.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment