Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

The First Elusive Eight Success! (Thanks Matt)

I posted my inaugural Elusive Eight post a few days ago and I already have my first success story!  Matt (from Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius) managed to knock not one, but TWO cards off of the Elusive Eight. First, he sent me the final card that I was missing from the 2008 Upper Deck Spectrum set.

It took me about four years to complete this 100 card set (that contains exactly 0 short prints)!  I was amazed at the time it took to complete such a tiny set (especially considering the fact that I already put together the 200 card Archive base set...not to mention many of the short prints)!  I suppose one could wax poetically about how time makes all things sweeter or something, but really, with UD Spectrum it's more like time forgot the set was ever released.

Moving on from the ugly Spectrum - we find our second Elusive Eight card - this time from 2009 Topps Heritage.

As any collector can tell you, the Heritage set is a challenge to complete (both the base set, the short prints, and the inserts)!  Seeing how I'm a big 'ol sucker, in '09 I decided to try for all three and well...I'm still working on it!  The Then & Now card happened to complete that 10 card insert set at least, so progress is being made (slowly)!

Now that two cards have been mailed to me from my Elusive Eight list, I have updated the list so that it is back to eight cards.  Thanks for the trade Matt (and thanks for the couple of extra Reds cards as well) - and as always, if anyone else would like to trade (whether something from my Elusive Eight list or just my Want List in general), shoot me an email and make an offer!

Comments

Post a Comment