Featured Post

2012 Allen & Ginter NEEDS & WANTS

I'm interrupting the string of group break posts because I have a a couple of announcements.

First:  The group break case has been completed opened and all posts are written (and scheduled to run through this Thursday).  Yes, the pace will pick up in terms of packs revealed!  What does this mean for you?  Well, I have started the sorting process and I am debating how to distribute the non-baseball relics.  As I said during group break sign-ups, any team without a hit gets the first chance at the non-baseball relics.  Should I count the black bordered (mini cards) short prints as hits in terms of the group break or only count relics/autos/silks as hits (i.e. the framed cards)?  Technically, they are much rarer than pulling a relic!  The same question goes for the no number minis and the hand-numbered out of 25 minis, should they count as "hits" for the purpose of the group break?  For the record, my gut tells me "no" only framed cards (and rip cards) are hits but I was hoping for some of the group break participants feedback.  If I don't hear anything from anyone, we'll go with my assumption that only framed cards and rip cards count as hits (and thus, if a team with a no number mini ends up shut out in the hit department for instance, that team would be eligible for one of the non-baseball hits).

Second:  I have (with the help of my younger brother), busted my entire case of Ginter the other day.  I won't share much of what I pulled in my case quite yet (though I will say it was a good case and one card is on eBay right now).  I didn't get a rip card though (I have contacted Topps about that) which was disappointing but otherwise I'm extremely happy!  Now that I've sorted through the majority of my cards, I have updated my want list.  I also have a TON of base cards for trade as well as plenty of inserts and a few of regular back minis.  Between the case and the couple of blasters I purchased, I am still missing quite a few of the minis (both the baseball set minis and the insert minis).  If you have any I need and are willing to trade, let me know!

I hope to get a full "For Trade" list typed up in the near future, but chances are it won't happen until Thursday or Friday at the earliest.

Comments

  1. isn't this like the 3rd case of Ginter you've gotten that's been sans-RIP card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is that relic/auto/silk/rip = hits. Fancy minis should not disqualify from non-baseball hits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with grand cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey FoF,

    Check your email. I have two minis, #14 Nick Markakis and #128 - Andrew McCutchen if you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:43 PM

    Agree with Grand cards as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with grand cards too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment