Featured Post

Allen & Ginter Group Break (Break #6 in 2012): And So It Begins!

Gintermas is finally here.   The Kraken has awoken.  The baseball card gods are smiling.  It's time to begin the festivities!  (well:  I still need payment from a couple of people - please check your emails and get back to me ASAP if you haven't already)...

With that out of the way, let's crack open the first box.  I decided that I would do the standard card-by-card breakdown for the first box (as I usually do in all my group breaks).  After that, if it is ok with the participants (i.e. speak up if you DON'T like the idea), I will probably skip the base cards and just report on the minis, inserts, and other goodies for the remaining boxes.  I don't see any reason to type up tons of base cards but I will if you guys/gals wish me to!

The first box gets the full typing treatment no matter what - so here we go!

Box topper:
N43:
N43-4.  Eric Hosmer - Royals

A big congrats to Kyle4KC for landing the first card of the break!  The N43 list includes a few retired players this year to go along with current stars (guys like Mattingly, Banks, Bench, and Gwynn are in the set along with Pujols, Wilson, and Hanley Ramirez.  I think I like the mix better than previous years (and not just because Johnny Bench gets a card)!

Remember, I'm not shipping any of the cabinet cards as per the original sign-up page information section.  The N43s WILL be shipped however.  Basically the cabinet cards are too difficult to ship with a large number of other cards.

Box 1:
Pack 01:
194.  J.J. Hardy - Orioles
152.  Ryan Vogelsong - Giants
31.  Jackie Robinson - Dodgers
116.  Brandon Beachy - Braves
281.  Matt Cain - Giants
60.  Reggie Jackson - Yankees
What's in a Name:  34.  Clayton Kershaw

Regular mini:  138.  Josh Willingham - Twins

Not a bad start - I'm sure there are a ton of people out there who crave that Kershaw card!  Congrats to GCRL who scooped up the Dodgers immediately!

Pack 02:
263.  Jason Motte - Cardinals
137.  George Brett - Royals
14.  Nick Markakis - Orioles

158.  Melky Cabrera - Giants
88.  Stan Musial - Cardinals
139.  Tim Hudson - Braves
What's In a Name:  98.  Whitey Ford - Yankees

Reg. mini:  151.  Jose Valverde - Tigers

One thing that's noticeable right off the bat is that there are plenty of regular back baseball minis this year!  Last year, those suckers were harder to find than most of the inserts - not so this year.  Inserts are seeded (collectively) at 1:5 packs.

Pack 03:
95.  Felix Hernandez
176.  Babe Ruth - Yankees
100.  Troy Tulowitzki - Rockies
103.  Alexi Ogando - Rangers
55.  Colin Motgomerie - (golfer)
Code card - Frank Kraft
A&G mini:  177.  Stephen Drew - Diamondbacks

SP:  337.  Matt Holliday - Cardinals

The Montgomerie (and all other similar non-baseball base cards) will go into the pile of "duplicates" that get randomed off to all group break participants.  In that way, most of you will end up with a nice start to the set - plus your entire favorite team(s) of course!

Pack 04:
204.  Adam Dunn - White Sox
18.  Kevin Youkilis - Red Sox
57.  Michael Pineda - Yankees
212.  Ken Griffey Jr. - Mariners

208.  Martin Prado - Braves
217.  Brian Wilson - Giants
What's in a Name:  6.  Ryan Braun - Brewers
A&G back mini short print:  303.  Ivan Nova - Yankees

The A&G back mini short prints are seeded 1:65 packs which makes this our first rare card of the break!  Congrats to DutchCardGuy who claimed the Yankees!

I hope you are all as excited as I am!  We had a nice beginning to the break - the first box is now in full swing.  I should also mention that I decided that I will resist the temptation to bust my own case until AFTER the entire group break case is open.  I don't want anyone having to worry about me doing anything shady (though I hope most of you know me well enough to know you don't need to worry about such things).  In fact, previous group breaks where Ripken Jr. autos and Albert Pujols dual relics (from cheap-o boxes) occurred should be enough proof but even so I understand you can't trust the internets!

More packs will be coming soon - check back tomorrow morning!  See you then!

Comments

Post a Comment