Featured Post

Delivery Time! Allen & Ginter Autograph Time!

In the past couple of weeks, I have received two different trade packages from Scott over at Sports Cards Ate My Brain.  The first package was entirely 2011 Bowman Platinum cards.  The second package had a few more Bowman Platinums (which now means I need a single Bowman Platinum card - #9).  Scott sent me five more Platinums including Matt Kemp (a card that has eluded me until this point because there are roughly 80 gabillion Dodger bloggers out there).

Although I certainly appreciate the Platinums, the real highlight of the trade was this 2012 Allen & Ginter autograph - even if it is of a Cardinal!

I'm not really a huge autograph collector, but man do I love me some Ginter autos.  The small card and frame look so nice together, plus they are on card which is a great bonus!

I also got one card closer to my 2009 Topps Heritage set by acquiring a short print (and it's another Cardinal).  I don't know if I'll ever complete any of the Heritage sets - so many short prints...but at least I haven't given up quite yet.

Finally, in an effort to balance out all the Cardinals (my theory), Scott sent me a few new Barry Larkin cards including my first Topps Gold Larkin card.  It's hard to believe that with all the Larkins that I own (a small sampling of which you can find here), I didn't own a single gold parallel Larkin from flagship Topps.  Luckily, the wrong has now been righted.

Thanks for the trade Scott!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Your A&G auto pic doesn't seem to be loading...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works for me? Anyone else having trouble?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment