Featured Post

Delivery Time! Home of the Toddfather Sends Cards to My Home

I've been writing Nachos Grande blog now for just over four years (!) now.  Quite honestly, I had no intentions of writing a blog for that length of time (and I certainly didn't think anyone would read my stuff for 4+ years)!  However, since I now have one of the older (active) baseball card blogs (I think blogs have the same sort of lifespan as dogs, each Earth year is more like 7 years in blog age), I have seen many blogs come and go while mine keeps chugging along.  Oh sure, many of the ones that started up and have since ended were better than mine, but there's something to be said for longevity too, right?

Actually, I like to see new blog start-ups and I like to make trades - so my latest swap with Tim over at the new blog Home of the Toddfather was a perfect match!

I sent Tim a bunch of Topps Archives and a few other assorted inserts.  In return, Tim knocked off a huge chunk of my 1991 Donruss needs.
I figured if I'm collecting '91 Donruss I might as well go for the puzzle as well!

What's you say, someone is dumb enough to try and collect the '91 Donruss set?!  Yep, that's me - and I'm slowly but surely inching my way closer to completion.  It turns out most people seem pretty keen on getting rid of their excess Donruss, who knew?!

It wasn't all junk wax though, Tim also threw in a few other cards from my want list.

He sent me this rather neat Classic Combos card of Mike Schmidt and Roy Halladay.

Obviously Topps had to Photoshop the two players into the same photo but even so it's still a rather unique card.  I don't know what is about the image, it's both slightly odd looking and slightly awesome!  Maybe it's the vibrant colors or the fake shadow?  I don't know, but I like it.

Tim knocked off a card from my Elusive Eight list (and the second-to-last Topps Lineage platinum parallel that I need).

Now I only need Johnny Bench (#191) and I'll have the full Reds platinum parallel set complete!  My Elusive Eight list has been a rousing success thus far - I've already knocked off five cards from the list in various trades.  It's my hope that the good luck continues - I've updated the list to include a new card now that the Volquez has found it's home in my set binder!

Finally, just for good measure - Tim also threw my other junk wax set a bone and knocked out two of the remaining three cards that I needed!

Thanks for all the great cards and trade Tim!  Good luck with your blog!  Finally, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments