Featured Post

Delivery Time! Reds Sticker Surprise!

A couple of days ago, I received a plain white envelope from blog reader David that contained five different Reds stickers from the 2012 Topps Sticker set.  As I've said over and over recently, I didn't buy anything except Topps Archives from 2012 (not counting Ginter) and so these were much appreciated!

The stickers that David sent me were an interesting assortment.  There was an expected sticker of Reds' star second baseman Brandon Phillips and a sticker for their newest pitching acquisition, Mat Latos.

There was the obligatory Aroldis Chapman sticker - that tends to happen when you have a guy who can throw 104 mph!

Besides the current Reds, there was an "old timer" in Johnny Bench.  I guess the Reds' current crop of catching talent didn't quite measure up to Bench!

And finally, there was a sticker for Gapper - the Reds weirdest (and fuzziest) mascot.
The stickers are quite nice!  In fact, had a seen these earlier in the year, there's a chance I would have broken my "no buying new stuff" promise and picked up a pack or two (assuming a low price point).  Luckily for me, I didn't do that and I still ended up with a bunch of the Reds from the set.  Heck, if I had bought a pack or two, chances are all I'd end up with would have been Padres and Athletics, two teams that I can't ever seem to get rid of cards from!

Thanks for the stickers David!  Surprise mail is always fun times!

Comments