Featured Post

Do You Use Listia?

Over the last two weeks, I've begun to dabble in the website known as Listia.  Essentially, Listia is a site that functions as a "free" eBay.  You put stuff on the site to sell in order to get credits.  Then the credits you can spend to get other stuff.  In some ways, it's best described as a bartering site (though with multiple vendors rather than one-on-one).

Anyhow, by signing up for the site you get 500 credits for free (which means you can get stuff for free without ever giving away any information or cash)!  If you sign up with the link that I put in above (or here), you get an additional 100 credits (and I get credits if you complete your first auction - win win for each of us)!

I've decided to see if I can make the site work for me though - I've listed a few cards that probably wouldn't sell on eBay but have sold (or gotten bids) on Listia.  Quite honestly, since people get 500 credits for free when they sign up, if you keep your auction under the 500 credit limit (and offer free shipping), there's really no reason for someone to not bid on your stuff!

If you happen to use Listia already, shoot me your user name and I can add you as a fan (since that's the way Listia encourages people I guess).  I'm also curious as to other people's stories with the website (good or bad).  Finally, Listia also provides a widget that you can add to your blogs for all your Listia auctions - which I have added to the sidebar of my blog.  I hope to see you on the site, maybe we can turn it into the best place for baseball cards and thus avoid eBay's plethora of fees!

Comments

  1. I use listia from time to time to pick up Angels cards here and there. I've gotten some nice cards including jersey cards for relatively cheap (less than 800 credits. And I've sold a bunch of football and basketball cards. My username is calangels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used it, but not for a few months. I've 'sold' several small card lots and picked up a few interesting cards. I need to add a few auctions. Username: mdaubrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. My username is: NOC

    Good luck! I barely have time to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I've picked up probably about 15 things on there now. I "sold" a bunch of serial-numbered basketball cards on there and have been converting those into misc. cards for my collection...including this Mike Sweeney relic.
    http://www.listia.com/auction/5107602-2003-upper-deck-game-face-gear-mike-jsy

    My first two pickups I posted here:
    http://royalsandrandoms.blogspot.com/2012/04/burgeoning.html

    My listia name is "royals14"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment