Featured Post

Ginter Group Break: Box 1: Packs 13 - 16

Welcome back for another round of packs out of the first box.  I'm hoping by posting the packs 4 at a time that the break is moving along at an acceptable pace for everyone.  Even if it isn't, I don't think I can do much more typing!

Box 1:
Pack 13:
181.  Joe DiMaggio - Yankees
76.  Michael Bourn - Braves
52.  Cameron Maybin - Padres
196.  Lou Gehrig - Yankees
20.  Miguel Montero - Diamondbacks
Historical Turning Points:  10.  Discovery of Electricity
Short print reg. mini:  341.  Colby Lewis - Rangers

Short print base:  343.  Zack Greinke - Brewers

Still no Cubs or Reds but Play at the Plate picked up a nice mini short print of Colby Lewis.

Pack 14:
255.  Dayan Viciedo - White Sox
246.  Torii Hunter - Angels
209.  Coco Crisp - Athletics
240.  Steve Lombardozzi - Nationals
77.  Chris Young - Diamondbacks
Baseball Sketch:  5.  Brooks Robinson - Orioles

Reg. mini:  1.  Albert Pujols - Angels

Base short print:  312.  Anibal Sanchez - Marlins

I'm not a fan of Pujols but even I find the mini card of his quite nice.  Congrats to GCRL who claimed the Angels!

Pack 15:
195.  Jhoulys Chacin - Rockies
199.  Ricky Romero - Blue Jays
75.  Erin Andrews - (analyst)
238.  Austin Jackson - Tigers
What's in a Name:  88.  Alex Gordon - Royals
Culinary Curiosities:  Haggis

Relic:  AGR-CMR.  Carlos Marmol - Cubs

I couldn't script that much better for the Cubs.  They being one of two teams shut out through the first 14 packs - and then they hit a relic for their first card.  That's some good stuff - and congrats Cubs AddictMG.  Good things come to those who wait I guess (which I hope holds true since now it's only my Reds without a single card thus far)!

Pack 16:
48.  Jordan Walden - Angels
186.  Jemile Weeks - Athletics
260.  Alex Liddi - Mariners
107.  C.J. Wilson - Angels
120.  Mariano Rivera - Yankees
295.  Drew Pomeranz - Rockies
A&G back mini:  46.  Jarrod Saltalamacchia - Red Sox

What's in a Name:  Dan Haren - Angels

We are now two-thirds of the way through our first box - and right on target in terms of promised hits discovered.  Will our first box yield an autograph as the third hit (or perhaps a rip card)?  Stay tuned - I'm as eager* to find out as you are!

*Heck, I'd just be happy with a single Reds card at this point...only my team is still without at least a single measly base card!

Comments

  1. I'd be happy to make a deal with whoever ends up with that Brooks Robinson.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment