Featured Post

Ginter Group Break: Box 3: Packs 1 - 4

Good morning!  I'm on a roll with opening packs so I see no reason to slow down despite it being Saturday morning.  Here's the beginning of box #3!

Box 3:
Box topper:
N43:
13.  Miguel Cabrera - Tigers

Pack 01:
Soto - Cubs
Votto - Reds
Price - Rays
Darvish - Rangers
Stanton - Marlins
Ruiz - Phillies
Name:  Tony Gwynn Sr. - Padres
A&G back mini:  10.  Dustin Pedroia - Red Sox

As you can see, I've gone with a slightly faster way of typing out the cards while still letting you know exactly what was in each pack.  By not including the card numbers on the base cards (esp. since they are all mostly duplicates now), I don't have to flip each card over as I type.  It's the little things that save time!

Pack 02:
Revere - Twins
Rios - White Sox
Morgan - Brewers
De La Rosa - Rockies
Upton - Diamondbacks
Lee - Phillies
What's in a Name:  25.  Dan Uggla - Braves
Reg. mini:  100.  Troy Tulowitzki - Rockies

Even though I'm flying through the packs (and boxes), I really do enjoy the set.  It's definitely better than last year's set!

Pack 03:
Young - Diamondbacks
Utley - Phillies
Lawrie - Blue Jays
Jurrjens - Braves
Sandoval - Giants
Tallest Buildings:  10.  Metlife Building

Base short print:  338.  Prince Fielder - Tigers
A&G back mini:  264.  Brian McCann - Braves

I wish the building cards were part of the base set (I miss things like the Golden Gate Bridge and Revolving Door as base cards) but I can understand why Topps did what they did (mostly in an answer to public outcry I would guess).

Pack 04:
Rivera - Yankees
Pomeranz - Rockies
Kipnis - Indians
Ackley - Mariners
Cobb - Tigers
Baseball Sketch:  20.  Jose Bautista - Blue Jays
Reg. mini:  176. Babe Ruth - Yankees

Base short print:  313.  Carlos Pena - Rays

A Babe Ruth mini is fun on a lot of different levels, isn't it?

I hope everyone is enjoying the break thus far - we are moving at a decent pace (about a box a day thus far). Will I be able to get the entire box #3 opened up (and typed) by the end of today?  I don't know, but we'll find out as the day progresses now won't we?

Comments