Featured Post

Ginter Group Break: Box 7: Packs 13 - 24

I'm back - and it's time for the second half of the seventh box in the break.  The box recap so far:  We've found 1 relic, 1 black border mini, 1 no number mini, and three mini inserts.  Given that, this half ought to have a bunch of goodies!

Box #7:
Pack 13:
Building:  40 Wall Street
Base SP:  328.  Josh Hamilton - Rangers
Reg. mini SP:  Jonathan Papelbon - Phillies

Pack 14:
Historical Turning Points:  Great Depression
Base SP:  314.  Bruce Buffer - (announcer)
Reg. mini:  99.  Sandy Koufax - Dodgers

Pack 15:
What's in a Name:  75.  Cole Hamels - Phillies
Reg. mini:  102.  Huston Street - Padres
Framed relic:  AGR-BL.  Barry Larkin - Reds

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WOOOOOO!

I had no idea Larkin even had a relic card in the set!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Best.  Card.  Ever.  (Ok, maybe not best ever - but it's still darn nice!)

Pack 16:
Baseball Sketch:  7.  John Smoltz - Braves
Base SP:  306.  Ryan Howard - Phillies
A&G back mini:  61.  Richard Petty - (speedy driver)

Pack 17:
What's in a Name:  27.  Starlin Castro - Cubs
Reg. mini:  163.  Tom Seaver - Mets

Pack 18:
Building:  Petronas Towers
Base SP:  335.  Alexei Ramirez - White Sox
Musical Masters:  George Frideric Handel

Sorry for the lack of scan on Mr. Handel.  My scanner ate the image somehow...and I was too lazy to retrieve the card to rescan it.

Pack 19:
What's in a Name:  37.  Jason Heyward - Braves
Reg. mini short print:  350.  Howie Kendrick - Angels

Pack 20:
Historical Turning Points:  Agricultural Revolution
Base SP:  339.  Swin Cash - (basketball)
Giants of the Deep:  Narwhal

Pack 21:
What's in a Name:  70.  Jon Lester - Red Sox
Reg. mini:  Yogi Berra - Yankees
Framed Relic:  AGR-MB.  Marlon Byrd - Cubs

Heh, why the heck not?  We've now pulled Zambrano (earlier this box), Byrd (just now), Theriot, Fukudome, and Marmol for the Cubs.  I believe we are only missing Dempster, Soto, Castro, and Ryne Sandberg for the full Cubs relic set out of the case.  Five Cubs relics in just over half a case - that leaves me speechless, not going to lie.

Pack 22:
Baseball Sketch:  9.  Ryan Braun - Brewers
Base SP:  330.  Mike Napoli - Rangers
Reg. mini:  10.  Dustin Pedroia - Red Sox

Pack 23:
What's in a Name:  64.  David Ortiz - Red Sox
A&G back mini:  78.  Joe Mauer - Twins

Pack 24:
Building:  Taipei 101
Base SP:  321.  Chad Billingsley - Dodgers
Black border mini:  1.  Albert Pujols - Angels

A nice pack to end on with the black bordered Pujols - hopefully GCRL likes that card since he has the Angels in the break.

While it is amazing that we've already landed five different Cubs relics, I'm actually more amazed at that Barry Larkin relic.  I had done a preliminary search for Larkin's name when the Ginter sell sheets came out (he wasn't mentioned anywhere).  As such, I figured he was ignored...so imagine my surprise at pulling his relic out of a pack!  In all the packs of cards I've bought over the years, I've never opened up a single Larkin hit of any type until now.

Comments

  1. Wow a Cubs hot case! Come on Royals! Need a little love!

    Keep it coming Chris, I'm an addict gettin' my fix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the holy grail of Larkin cards huh? Congrats to you...and the Cubs fans too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your new Larkin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I couldn't believe it when that card popped up, I can't imagine how you must have felt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:19 PM

    Well I can't say as I'm over the moon about all the former Cubs hits, but I'll definitely take them. I'm holding out hope for the Sandberg though. Congrats on the Larkin!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment