Featured Post

Ginter Group Break: Hit Randomizer!

Now that the group break is complete (at least in terms of opening packs), it is time to randomize the non-baseball hits.  As I said in the beginning, any teams without a hit would get first shot at the non-baseball hits.  By my count, there are 15 teams that went hitless in the break (here I'm counting relics, autos, rip cards, and silks as hits).

The 15 teams are:
1.  Yankees
2.  Astros
3.  Phillies
4.  White Sox
5.  Dodgers
6.  Twins
7.  Orioles
8.  Diamondbacks
9.  Padres
10.  Pirates
11.  Indians
12.  Mariners
13.  Rockies
14.  Tigers
15.  Royals

As luck would have it, there are exactly 15 "hits" that need to be randomized - which means that every team will end up with a hit!  Note:  I decided to count the two 1-per-case mini cards (Guys in Hats and Fashionable Women) as hits, along with the Colony card in order to get to the number 15.

Here are the 15 hits to be randomly assigned (via random.org):
Guys in Hats mini
Fashionable Women mini
Auto:  Bailey
Printing plate:  Webster
Relic:  Federer
Relic:  Joyner-Kersee
Relic:  Phelps
Relic:  Knight
Relic:  Haney
Relic:  Haney
Relic:  Hurley Sr.
Relic:  Hurley Sr.
Relic:  Pfister
Relic:  Pfister
Colony card

I will enter the 15 cards into random.org, hit random three times and then assign the cards based on the corresponding team number from above:

Using the two lists, here are the non-baseball hit assignments:

1.  Yankees - Haney
2.  Astros - Hurley Sr.
3.  Phillies - Pfister
4.  White Sox - Knight
5.  Dodgers - Haney
6.  Twins - Phelps
7.  Orioles - Bailey
8.  Diamondbacks - Federer
9.  Padres - Colony
10.  Pirates - Guys in Hats
11.  Indians - Webster plate
12.  Mariners - Fashionable women
13.  Rockies - Pfister
14.  Tigers - Joyner-Kersee
15.  Royals - Hurley Sr.

I'm happy that every single team in the break got at least one hit - and I hope everyone has enjoyed the break.  A few other notes:

I have distributed all the extra base cards (I tried to keep them shuffled up so that each person wouldn't get multiple copies of the same card).  Each person got all the short prints of his or her team and all sketch cards (even if they were duplicates).  The same goes for the What's in a Name cards.  Since I bought my own case, I didn't keep any of the base cards for two of my three teams (the lone exception - I took out one base set of Reds to give to my younger brother).  I also didn't keep any of the extra base cards which means everyone else ended up with even more base cards than you may have originally thought!  Finally, the card packages for (almost) everyone are going to be quite large.  As such, it will probably take me a few days to get them all packaged up.  Furthermore, I'll probably go to the post office in stages rather than waiting and mailing everyone's cards at the same time.  I've learned that mailing large envelopes/boxes takes a long time!

Oh yeah, one more thing.  I ended up with duplicate relics of Mark Reynolds (Orioles), Mike Morse (Nationals), and Corey Hart (Brewers) in my own case.  I would be willing to trade any of those (plus other cards in some cases) for any of the following hits should someone not be interested in their non-baseball hit.  I ended up with the Bailey auto in the randomization (I have the Orioles) and I'd be willing to trade that for the Federer should apba66and0 want the auto instead.

  • Federer relic
  • Guys in Hats mini
  • Fashionable women mini
  • Joyner-Kersee relic
  • Webster printing plate

I plan to start packaging up cards today - so if you are interested in a trade, let me know ASAP so I don't package up your cards!!

I hope everyone enjoyed the break - it's (finally) over!!

Comments