Featured Post

One Foot (in front of the other)




As any set collector will tell you, the road to full set completion is a long, twisting, and winding path.  The only way to complete the journey is to continually put one foot in front of the other.  Today's trade post is courtesy of both Fun. who provides the soundtrack and Sam, aka the Daily Dimwit.

For whatever reason, I've been on a Fun. kick lately.  I first heard of them from the radio with their song We Are Young.  Sure, that song is fully overplayed at this point - at least on SiriusXM which is what I listen to, but One Foot much less played (and a better song as well).  To me, Fun. is a Queen-esque band with a touch more energy.  I must say, I bought their albums from Amazon and listened to them while mowing my lawn, the extra energy kick was appreciated in the 90 degree heat!

As for the loose tie back to cards, One Foot is all about...well, I have no idea what it's about actually.  Online message boards seem to think the song is about working for what you love rather than working for the sake of working.  Other sites say it's a Gay and Lesbian anthem song.  Others say they have no idea.  All I know is that I'm a simple kind of person - I don't really care what the songs about, I simply like the tune.  Take that music snobs!  I am fairly certain that the song is not about baseball cards.

However, it does lead us back to cards since I'm taking the 2012 Allen & Ginter project one foot at a time.

Luckily for me, Sam decided to give me a (gentle) shove in the right direction by providing me with a small stack of minis for my base mini set.  I am now the proud owner of 13 more regular minis, 14 ad back minis, and 4 more black bordered minis.  I still can't decide whether I want to chase the ad back and black border minis (so I'm actively trading for them until I figure it out).

Thanks for all the great cards Sam!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer.  And while you are at it, why don't you suggest some new music for me to check out?  My only requirement:  I like it upbeat.  None of that mopey sad, stick your face in the sand crap.

One more plug:  I have a few auctions ending on eBay real soon - plus a few more on Listia.  Check 'em out!

Comments

  1. Like the song and glad they made it to you safely... I screwed up my scans vs. collating, but you do have a plug in my latest post...

    Additionally, I have updated my FOR TRADE list with the spoils of my latest two boxes...

    As for the rip card, I say RIP AWAY! I ripped both of mine that I managed to pull and I have no regrets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment