Featured Post

UD Retro Week: Packs 15, 16, and 17

I'm beginning to get excited for the onslaught of Allen & Ginter - heck, I have a pair of cases headed to my house in a few days time (one for me, one for the group break).  Before my blog becomes all Ginter, all the time, let's see if we can't get a bit closer to completing the UD Retro box.  Thus far, we've found 13 duplicates - I'm hopeful that there won't be many more or else I won't have a complete set out of the box!

Pack 15:
31.  Jim Thome

38.  Livan Hernandez
81.  Mark McGwire
93.  Quinton McCracken
121.  Futurama:  Brad Fullmer
126.  Futurama:  A.J. Hinch

I've been quite impressed with the variety of photos used in the set.  The Thome shot is a classic pose, but done sparingly it works really well.  Good stuff from Upper Deck in terms of this set, it's really, really nice!

Pack 16:
32.  Omar Vizquel
57.  Todd Walker
60.  Rondell White
86.  Greg Vaughn
TC6.  Time Capsule:  Mo Vaughn - Red Sox

G3.  Groovy Kind of Glove:  Nomar Garciaparra

That's the fourth Groovy Kind of Glove card from the box.  Since they are seeded 1:7 and there are 24 packs in a box, we beat the odds slightly by getting four instead of the guaranteed three.

Pack 17:
17.  Mark Grace
32.  Omar Vizquel
60.  Rondell White
78.  Lou Brock
113.  Futurama:  Matt Anderson
TC18.  Time Capsule:  Randy Johnson - Mariners

A pair of Time Capsules in that trio of packs.  I now have eight of the Time Capsule cards (which is pretty much on pace of where I should be since they are seeded 1:2 packs).  

I was hoping to avoid duplicates this time around but these three packs yielded 7 duplicates.  With only 6 cards per pack, that means I ended up with more than a single pack full of duplicates out of a mere three packs.  Ouch.

Comments