Featured Post

Delivery Time! Cards From SEVEN Different Sets that I'm Working On!

I recently completed a trade with blog reader Greg who managed to knock off cards from seven different sets that I'm currently trying to complete.

We the tour through my shrinking want list with a 2009 Allen & Ginter regular back mini card of Jair Jurrjens.

I now need a mere 13 cards and my '09 mini set will be complete!  I will say that I think Topps has done a better job with the Ginter minis in recent years - the back of the '09 set is quite difficult to read, I think Topps simply did a "scale" option on the entire base card rather than thinking about the readability of the card.

Next on the tour of my want list:  a 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game "Nickname Greats" insert card of The Red Rooster (aka Doug Rader).

I've actually never heard of Rader - one of the fun things about the '06 Fleer set is that they included more players than just the usual suspects (guys like Ruth, Mantle, Mays, etc.).  I don't know if I will ever complete the '06 set but every time I get another card from the set I'm happy!

Although I have quite a few sets on my want list, there are certain sets that seem to be quite difficult to track down (such as the two aforementioned sets).  One set that hasn't been difficult to accumulate so far is the 1991 Donruss set.  Greg knocked seven more cards off my want list for me including a this rather nice Diamond King card of Delino DeShields.

Another set that I seem to get quite a few of in trades is the 2008 Upper Deck StarQuest set.  John Smoltz is my latest addition (the uncommon version).  I couldn't tell you why I decided to collect all four versions of the StarQuest insert set - a set that I don't even particularly like but it's too late to change my mind now, right?

Moving on to some nicely designed cards, Greg sent me a Rookie Performer card from the 2009 Topps Heritage set.  Even better, Latos is now a Red so it's a psuedo-Red added to my collection!

Next up, a couple of 2011 Topps Gyspy Queen base cards (Chipper Jones and Prince Fielder).

I elected to show Fielder because one scan (let alone two) of Braves cards per post is more than enough.

Finally, Greg knocked off three more cards from my 2012 Topps Archive set - 1 short print and a pair of cloth sticker cards.

Thanks for the great trade Greg!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments