Featured Post

Delivery Time! A Great Haul from Blog Reader David

I've gotten quite a few trade packages in the mail over the last week or so.  So many, in fact, that I've gotten behind in posting these "thank you" posts.  However, once in awhile you get a trade package that is so nice (for whatever reason) that it jumps to the front of the "posting" queue.

Editor's note:  If you want to jump to the front of the queue, sending a mysterious package chock full of cards from my want list without even asking for anything in return is a great plan.  One that blog reader David utilized in fact.

David sent me a whole bunch of 1991 Donruss - so many, in fact, that my want list is now down to a mere five base cards plus 6 of the insert cards.  

If that wasn't enough, David also sent me the entire Willie Stargell puzzle - another piece (pun intended) knocked off my want list!

Now, you may be thinking that someone sending me a bunch of 1991 Donruss without expecting or asking for anything in return really isn't all that nice.  I mean, most people would pay people to get rid of the '91 Donruss, am I right?  

Well, it wasn't just Donruss in the package.  There were also a pair of 2012 Allen & Ginter regular back mini cards (which are much appreciated)!

David also through in a few assorted Reds (including 3 Larkins and this "hot" Griffey Jr.)...

plus this psuedo-Larkin (based on the back of the card).

Finally, the coolest surprise of the bunch (and a first for my collection) - a game-used glove card of Austin Kearns.  Not only is this a cool card, but the relic piece has a shoelace hole which makes it that much more unique (oh yeah, it's also numbered 100/150 on the back).  Great stuff!!

Thanks for all of the cards David - and as always, if anyone else wants to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments