Featured Post

Fishin' for Legos

I've mentioned this a couple of time lately, but I came down with a case of the Lego flu.  The only known cure?  Buy more Lego minifigures.  I was lucky enough to find a seller on eBay who bundled a pair of figures that I wanted (both from Series 5 of the set).

What's that you say, you didn't know there was a set of just Lego dudes (and dudettes)?  Yep, there is.  In fact, there are seven out (with the eighth set on its way in a month or so).

Here's what I ended up with:

The Eskimo Fisherman:

There is another fisherman in one of the other Series that I would rather have, but that said, this guy is kind of cool too.  In fact, he makes for a fun addition to my (quickly growing) collection of Lego figures.

The Graduate:

This is the real reason I jumped on the auction - as a college professor it simply felt right to have a graduate in my collection (after all, that's the goal of colleges right, to produce graduates)?  The robe is a nice touch if you ask me!

Each series of minifigures has 16 different characters to choose from - since both of the guys I got were from Series 5, I now own 2/16 or 1/8 or 12.5% of the full series!  Looking over the checklist, there are a few more from the series that I'd love to get (though I'd trade for any of 'em).

Namely, the Royal Guard guy is a "must acquire" since I visited London a few years back.  I also like the guy in the dino suit for no real reason...and the wood chopper guy is pretty awesome since I live in redneck country.

I now have four of the minifigures in total - two from Series 5 and two from Series 7.

As usual, I'm always willing to trade - even for Legos now!  I don't think I'll be adding them to my want list though...

Comments

  1. No idea why I didn't start getting these sooner - where have you found them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten them from eBay and Listia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clown is pretty great, if no other reason the whipped cream pie. And, the '80s workout chick with the pink boom box is rad! And is that a mobster in a pinstriped suit??

    (Shoot man, stop posting about these damn Legos before you totally get me hooked!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment