Featured Post

A Pair Listia Wins!

A few days ago, I talked about a terrible Listia auction (thanks to the postal service destroying the package).  In that particular package, I had won a Royal Guard Lego minifigure that I happened to want for my collection.  Seeing how the guard arrived missing his hat (and with a shattered hand), I went back to Listia and searched out a second Royal Guard with the hopes that the next seller would ship things a bit more securely.

Look what arrived in my mailbox:

That's right - a fully functional, all pieces present (and not broken) English Royal Guard.

Ever since I saw the minifigure, I knew I wanted to acquire that particular one since I had the opportunity to travel to England a few years ago and see the "real" Royal Guards.
From my visit to England back in 2005.

Although not as nearly as cool as the Royal Guard, I also won a later Listia auction that netted me the Lego Gangster.

And yes, his gun does fit in his case, I checked.

Thanks to Listia, I never know for sure what I might be able to turn my unwanted baseball cards into!
One of these arrived the way I expected it to.  One did not.

I still have the half-broken Lego Royal Guard if someone is interested in it...otherwise I might try and list it on eBay or Listia as "damaged goods" and perhaps get enough dollars/points to get myself a different figure.

Comments