Featured Post

Minis, Minis, and More Minis!

It's no secret that I love mini cards.  After all, I've collected minis from a variety of sets - but no set has captured my attention quite the way the Allen & Ginter line-up has.  In fact, since I began card collecting again, the Allen & Ginter set is the one set that I know I'll be chasing the majority of the inserts for - including the minis!

Luckily, most of the Allen & Ginter minis aren't terribly rare.  That means that I get to work out some trades every now and then to help complete my want list.  Today's trade is exactly that - a bunch of minis from my want list, all from Allen & Ginter (and courtesy of Steve).

Steve sent me mostly 2012 Allen & Ginter minis, but he did manage to find one mini that I needed from my 2010 A&G set (which is extra appreciated since it's been a tough go of it in terms of completing that set).

Another tough mini set to complete has been the 2012 A&G Gold border parallel set.  This set was only available in retail packs (and rack packs at that I believe).  I'm only chasing the Reds from the set - but even that has been tough!  Steve sent me arguably the best of the Reds in the set, none other than Johnny Bench!

Next up, a mini card of a huge animal!  I think Topps gets a kick out of doing things like that, but it's ok because I get a kick out of collecting them.  The Fin Whale happens to be the final card that I needed for my Giants of the Deep set - and, even better, the final mini card that I needed from any of the "common" mini insert sets this year!

A few days ago, I talked about how I was a dumb-dumb for trying to collect the rarer mini sets Fashionable Ladies and Guys in Hats.  Well, Steve heard my plea (ok, the package was already in the mail when I wrote the post) and helped me out with another Guys in Hats card.

I'm pleased to say that I now own exactly half of the Guys in Hats cards, decent progress I'd say, especially considering my lack of baseball card funds right now!

Finally, Steve also sent a small pile of regular back mini cards.  I'm still working on completing the 1-350 regular back mini set so the stack of cards was much, much appreciated!

Thanks for the great mini trade Steve!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments