Featured Post

Plain Gray Swatch delivers the Goods!

It's been a bit over 2 weeks but I can finally update my want list again!  Sure, trading has slowed lately - probably partially because of the holiday but also undoubtedly because of my busy schedule of late.  Luckily, the semester is almost over - I only have four more lesson plans (plus a final exam) to write before my work is complete (except for grading of course).  Despite my relative inactivity on the blog, I am still pleased to be able to post a few trades...

One of my recent trades was with Roy over the newly named Plain Gray Swatch.  I sent Roy a bunch of Allen & Ginter cards he needed - and in return?  Well, he knocked three cards off my want list including this hard-to-find Celestial Stars card of Evan Longoria.

The other two cards from my want list were both regular back minis from the 2012 Allen & Ginter set.

I'm slowly closing in on completing the entire mini set which is exciting!  In addition to the cards from my want list, Roy also sent me a healthy pile of Reds.  I won't scan every card, but I did pick out my four favorites.

Sean Casey - 2001 Topps Gold Label

I love the Gold Label brand, even if it is confusing some years.  I am actually still trying to complete the 2001 Gold Label set, but the only cards that I still need are all serially numbered out of 999.

Jay Bruce - 2011 Topps

I don't care that I've probably shown this card at least ten different times on the blog (or its various parallels).  The photo is iconic and to a Reds fan, it marks the beginning of a new era, one in which the Reds are actually competitive.  Now if only they could win a playoff game at home.

Dmitri Young - 2002 Fleer Ultra

I'm not sure I even knew there was a Fleer Ultra set in 2002.  I have always been a fan of the Ultra line though, so I'll have to look into the possibility of getting a box sometime down the road.  This card makes my "favorite" list strictly because of the photo.  I love the dirt and helmet flying!

And finally, a Homer Bailey rookie card from 2007 Topps Turkey Red.

Last season marked the first season where Bailey looked like a legitimate big league pitcher on a (mostly) consistent basis.  Of course, he still seems to do best against the Pirates (but then again, who doesn't do well against Pittsburgh)?

In addition to all the random Reds, Roy also sent over a nice selection of Barry Larkin cards for my Barry Larkin Collection.  I had some of the them already - but there were some new ones in the stack as well which was awesome for me!  I won't ruin the surprise of all the Larkins now though, you'll eventually see the Larkins as part of my ongoing series.  However, I will show one of the new cards for my collection.

Thanks for the trade Roy!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Glad you enjoyed them. I enjoyed the $100 Million Man's Celestial Stars mini - but it spent a couple years with me, and I was fine with letting it go to a fellow blogger attempting the set.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment