Featured Post

Theme Week: The Elusive Dinosaur!

Welcome back to the final Dinosaur Week post.  Although my posting time has been severely limited, I hope you still enjoyed the (slight) change of pace on the blog.  I hope to return to do another Dinosaur Theme Week at some point in the future when I have more time to do the topic justice.  Trust me, I have about 4 great post ideas - unfortunately all 4 either required too much upfront research or too much scanning of cards...  I'll have to write them down though so I don't forget when the time comes to recycle some of my old theme weeks!

Since today is Black Friday, I figured it would only be appropriate to go "shopping" for dinosaurs today.  Actually, to be more specific I'm really only looking for one particular dinosaur at the moment.

The 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter Extinct Creatures:
EA1.  Velociraptor
Image source: http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards/Baseball/2009/Topps_Allen_and_Ginter_Mini_Extinct_Creatures/EA1/
Velociraptor/4603965

I've had this card on my want list since the 2009 Ginter set came out.  I debated about throwing it up on my Elusive Eight list but I had a similar card from 2009 already on the list so I didn't add this one in.  That said, I think I'd would prefer to have the Velociraptor card, so I don't know why I didn't add this one instead.

Simply put, this is an awesome looking card - and much more scary looking than the entire dinosaur mini set that Topps put out a year later.

If you happen to have this card available for trade, please let me know.  I'll do my best to make it worthwhile!

Comments