Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 159: 1995 Bowman - #415

Barry Larkin
Year:  1995
Brand:  Bowman
Card number:  415

I'm not normally a fan of Bowman brand cards but the 1995 set might be an exception to my rule.  The front of the card features a nice action shot - and the border is (I guess) supposed to mimic some sort of three dimensional frame.  The team logo is a nice touch - but the photography really carries the front of the card.

As for the back, in 1995 Bowman was still doing the "stats versus each team" thing.  As you can see from Larkin's card, Larkin feasted on Marlins & Giants pitching (a .432 and .407 batting average against respectively).  On the other hand, Barry was probably happy he only faced the Phillies for six games since he hit a mere .095 against Philadelphia.  While the team versus statistics are kind of fun, I'm glad that they don't permeate most brands of baseball cards.  I'd much rather have season statistics for multiple seasons - that's a better indicator of a player's value in my eyes.

Comments