Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Goodies from the Netherlands!

January was a decent month for me.  As usual, work started back up early in January (the second week) which kept me plenty busy.  Besides my job, I also started a brand new blog (called Legend of LEGO) and hosted a group break.  Somehow, I also found a bit of time to complete a few trades - not as many as I would have preferred but hey, sometimes that's ok.

Speaking of trades, one of my latest packages is from Jeroen over in the Netherlands with his Dutch Card Guy blog.

Side note:  My wife and I are trying to plan a trip - the Netherlands are one of the possible destinations (the others under discussion include Portugal and a European cruise).  Of course, if we do go on a neat vacation like that, my card budget will take a serious hit...but it'd be worth it I think!

After all, there's always trading - right?

Jeroen sent me a bunch of 2012 Allen & Ginter minis from my want list - including the lovely Kate Upton (the only Upton that I want to hear about this year).

It wouldn't be a trade package from afar though if it didn't include some "bonus" cards.  Jeroen sent me a couple of Reds schedules...

...plus a big 'ol pile of assorted Reds.

Of the various Reds that I ended up receiving, I picked my four favorites (non-Larkin edition):

#4:  Joey Votto - Topps 206 parallel

Getting a parallel of one of my favorite currently players is always nice - even if this particular photo looks like it could be of almost anyone on the Reds team.

#3:  Tim Belcher - Fleer Ultra

I've been on a Fleer Ultra kick lately - Jeroen threw in a few different Ultras but the Belcher is one that I don't think (?) I already owned.

#2:  Joey Votto - Upper Deck First Edition

A Votto rookie is always awesome - especially one that I didn't previously own.  On the other hand, I don't get the point of Upper Deck First Edition - they seem like a super cheap knockoff of the UD base set (which also seems cheap).  I still like the World uniform that Votto sports though - great card even if the set itself stinks.

#1:  Brandon Phillips - Bowman something-or-other

I'm not going to try and figure out the set here - Bowman is too confusing to be worth my time.  However, I know a nice card when I see it - and this, my friends, is a gorgeous card!  If all Bowman looked like this I'd be hooked.  Great stuff - and shiny too!

Finally, there were also a few Barry Larkin cards thrown in - an addition that I always appreciate!

Thanks for the trade Jeroen - and if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Great to hear the cards arrived safe and sound ! Thanks for the trade and I am happy to give you some holiday tips if you decide to honor the netherlands with a visit. Just as a first warning, weather here is not optimal but we compensate that with other stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment