Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Group Break: Bonus Packs Begin

As I said earlier in the break, I have 10 packs of Donruss Americana (2009) to bust and add as "bonus" cards for the break.  I said that any inserts or hits found in the Americana packs would be randomed off to a team that didn't get a hit (relic/auto) in the group break (and that didn't get an insert seeded 1 per box or rarer).  By my calculations, the following teams are eligible for any Americana goodies (if any):

  • Braves
  • White Sox
  • Cubs
  • Reds
  • Indians
  • Rockies
  • Royals
  • Angels
  • Dodgers
  • Brewers
  • Phillies
  • Pirates
  • Giants
  • Cardinals
  • Rays
  • Nationals

I've never actually opened up a pack of Donruss American so I don't really know what to expect.  The non-inserts (which is what I mostly expect) will be distributed randomly among ALL the teams in the break.  Enough jabbering, let's rip the final few packs of the break.

2009 Donruss Americana 
Pack 1:
21.  Ralph Macchio

22.  Connie Britton

36.  David Ladd
78. Ami Dolenz
79.  Niecy Nash

Well, I see why I never bought any of these.  I have no idea who any of those people are.  Clearly, I don't follow or pay attention to pop culture stuff (that isn't somehow tied to sports).  

Pack 2:
5.  Joey Lawrence
36.  David Ladd (again)
47.  Tracy Lawrence

79.  Niecy Nash (again)
93.  Luke Gross

Based on the two pack sample size, I'm guessing this is a 100 card set.  As such, duplicates shouldn't be surprising I suppose.  

Comments

  1. I know you said you were going to distribute them randomly, but if the Connie Britton ends up in the Cubs pile by luck that would be awesome.

    My wife really enjoys her on Friday Night Lights. Well, she likes "Tim Riggins" more, but whatever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment