Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

More of the Fleer Ultra Packs!

Before I get to the next couple of packs from the 1999 Fleer Ultra box, I'd like to ask you to take a look at my younger brother's auctions on eBay.  He recently busted a couple of boxes of 2012 Bowman Sterling (for a price that I'll probably never be able to pay for a single box).  According to him, the boxes weren't great in terms of monetary value - you can find most of the contents for sale here.  With that said, let's look at a box that is definitely no where near as expensive (and for me anyhow, probably ten times more fun)!  That's right, it's time for another pair of packs out of my Fleer Ultra box.

Pack 13:
49.  Scott Brosius
60.  Tom Gordon
71.  Tony Graffanino

114.  Eric Davis
130.  Miguel Tejada
154.  Darryl Kile
168.  Tim Salmon
173.  Alex Rodriguez
191.  Juan Gonzalez
190G.  Gold Medallion:  Roger Clemens

All things considered, I've done quite alright with the Gold Medallion parallels.  Of course, if it isn't a Red, I don't necessarily need it - so like most of the other Gold Medallions that I've pulled, Clemens is available for trade should you be interested.  While I've been mostly happy with my parallel selection, I should note that this Clemens is my first duplicate of the box - that's right...two Gold Medallion cards of Roger Clemens.  Here's hoping someone wants at least one of them in exchange for something on my want list.

Pack 14:
1.  Greg Maddux
47.  Trevor Hoffman

87.  Derrek Lee
113.  Kenny Lofton
117.  Rondell White
144.  Orel Hershiser
181.  Raul Mondesi
189.  Mark Gruzielanek
219.  Season Crowns:  Ken Griffey Jr.

63G.  Gold Medallion:  Devon White

Of course.  Right after I said I was doing quite well in terms of player selection for the Gold Medallion cards, I pull a Devon White.  Blech.  The Griffey is part of the Season Crown short printed subset (seeded 1:8 packs).  I think I'll keep that one though since I've always liked Griffey a lot!

Comments