Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Pack Wars: 2006 Topps (Series 2)

I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of the repack box of cards simply by pitting each pack against all the others in the Pack War.  Even better, it's forced me to look (and think about) each card in the pack - something that's easy to overlook when you've already built the sets!

Pack Wars II - Pack 09:
2006 Topps - Series 2 (6 cards):

Unlike many of the other represented sets in the repack box, the 2006 Topps set is a set that I have not completed (or even attempted to complete).  As such, I'm hopeful that I'll get a bunch of new cards - assuming you define the word "bunch" to mean six since that's all the cards that are in the pack.

369.  Mike Hampton - Braves

I think I remember why I didn't try to collect the set, I'm not a fan of the design!  I like the cartoon on the back of the card, but the foil names on the front are terrible.  In Hampton's case, his card isn't exciting enough to be worth anything.  0 points.

494.  Kip Wells - Pirates
I like the Pirates well enough I guess. +1

549.  Erik Bedard - Orioles
The Orioles are my favorite AL East team.  +2.

519.  Julio Lugo - Rays
The Rays are my second favorite AL East team.  In other news, I don't like the AL East.  +1

542.  Chris Young - Padres

Boy, this is a boring pack isn't it?  I guess the cartoon on the back is worth a couple of points - it celebrates Chris' height.  Woo!  +2

348.  Reggie Sanders - Royals
I don't think you could have hand picked a much more boring pack.  +1 point because Sanders was a Red for a number of years.

Pack total:  7 points

At least it wasn't as bad as this morning's pack!  Heck, it's not even the second worst pack in the box...that doesn't bode well for repack boxes, does it?


Pack Wars II Current Standings:
+19:  2011 Allen & Ginter (6 card pack)
+16:  2011 Topps Series 2 (8 card pack)
+15:  2011 Topps Series 1 (12 card pack #2)
+14:  2011 Topps Series 1 (12 card pack #1)
+14:  2010 Topps Series 2 (12 card pack #1)
+10:  2008 UD Timeline (6 card pack)
+07:  2006 Topps Series 2 (6 card pack)
+06:  2011 Topps Update (12 card pack)
-16:  2011 Topps Series 2 (12 card pack #2)

Comments