Each box contains 6 packs with 5 cards per pack. Although there are only 30 cards per box, you do get a lot of cool stuff such as:
- 3 autographs numbered to 99 or less per box
- 3 relic cards numbered to 99 or less per box
- Bat knobs
- Bat plates
- Cut signatures
There are plenty of other even rarer inserts (again, see the website).
There are a few ways I could see a group break working (assuming we do only one box).
- We could have 15 people pay $23.67 + $2.33 shipping = $26.00 per slot where each slot is one team of your choice and one random.
- We could have 15 people pay $23.67 + $2.33 shipping = $26.00 per slot where each slot is good for exactly ONE team and any unclaimed teams get randomized among the claimed teams that didn't get any cards.
- We could have 15 people pay $23.67 + $2.33 shipping = $26.00 per slot where each slot is a DRAFT slot (a snake draft where the first pick also gets the final card, the second pick also gets the second-to-last pick, etc.).
- We could have 15 different prices for each of the 15 draft slots (first pick would be around $50.00 while the last pick would be closer to $10. I'd have to balance it so that it comes out to the same average cost (i.e. $26.00 per slot).
- We could have 30 slots (each with different prices) where each individual slot is a draft pick slot (same pricing deal as above).
- We could have 30 slots (each with the same price) where the cards are divvied out in the exact order they are pulled (i.e. first card out of the pack goes to slot #1, second card to slot #2, etc.).
What do you think? Any interest in any of the above scenarios? It would be a fun way to bust a product that is out of most of our price ranges. I would open the entire box on video by the way - especially if we do something like the first card = first slot option.
I would be willing to do more than one box but I'm guessing that would be outside of most people's price range for sure. I could be wrong though.
The only catch on my end is that I would have to have all payments made BEFORE I ordered the box. I simply can't swing the price of the box on my own.