Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

A Monday Pack Rip

The first day after spring break is always rough.  Students are ornery because they are back in school.  I'm ornery because they didn't bother to study for their exam tomorrow.  So it goes.

Luckily, I saved the pack of cards from the epic Tribe Cards trade package to open specifically for tonight.

6 cards plus a poster if my Spanish is correct.

18.  Sammy Sosa - Cubs

Not a bad way to start.  The backs of the cards are 100% in Spanish.  The 10th and 11th grade me would have tried to figure them out.  The current me?  Well, I'm busy.

45.  Shawn Green - Dodgers

I happen to like the design of the cards quite a bit.  They are simple, but sometimes that's ok.  The full team logo in the upper corner is what seals the deal for me.

48.  Richie Sexson - Brewers

I have no real plans of trying to complete the set so all of the cards I pull will be available for trade.  That said, I doubt anyone will claim 'ol Sexson.  The Brewers are one of the "impossible to get rid of teams" for me.

51.  Cristian Guzman - Twins

Here's a look at the back of the cards since I mentioned them earlier.  The colors are team related which is a nice touch.

91.  J.D. Drew - Cardinals

I should have shown the back of the Drew card just to avoid Cardinal stink on my blog.

E-1.  Estrellas:  Albert Pujols - Cardinals

Speaking of Cardinal stink!  The Estrellas are an insert set limited to only five players (Pujols, A-Rod, Ripken, Jeter, and Tejada).  I'm going to guess that someone out there wants this card.  The card is much, much shinier than it appears in the scan.

And finally, the poster:

Yep, a Yankee.  Even Spanish Donruss sets are Yankee obsessed (sigh).  Like the rest of the cards, this is available for trade.

Not a single Red in the pack, but it was a fun rip nonetheless.  I certainly could use a little fun after the day I had.

Comments

  1. I just don't understand why would the Spanish guys translate outfielder to 'gardener'. That is what 'jardinero' means lol In Portuguese we have a slightly difference because we say 'jardineiro'.

    But there is no real direct translation from the English word 'outfielder'. But that is a fun adaptation for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment