Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

The Barry Larkin Card Experiment: Results of Your Votes (with a Huge Upset)!

Another round of voting  in my Barry Larkin Card Experiment is in the books.  Unfortunately, voter turnout was quite low (especially since my blog has seen a slight uptick in visitors lately).  No matter, here are the results from the previous round:

Round 16:
As far as I'm concerned, the 1992 Pinnacle set is way overrated.  Luckily for Pinnacle, this bracket is determined by my readers and not by me!  The 1992 Pinnacle card is the 18th seed so it's not surprising to see it move on based on the seeds (the Fleer card was a mere 47th seed).  The next round of voting involving the '92 Pinnacle card should be good, it'll go up against the 15th seeded Tombstone Pizza oddball card.

Round 17:

Our first huge upset of the tournament.  The 1998 Pinnacle Performers card (seeded 58th and barely in the tournament) knocked out the 7th seeded 1990 Upper Deck base card.  Personally, I'm shocked.  I didn't think there was any way the '90 UD card would lose this round...and I figured '90 UD would win the next round as well.

I guess that shows what I know about brackets - probably more proof I should never put money on a March Madness Bracket!

That's it for now.  I will have a new voting post up before too long for the next few rounds of match-ups.  However, I felt I ought to give the voting a break for a little bit based on the low turnout.

Comments