Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Topps American Heritage Heroes - Page 9

We continue our journey through the 2009 American Heritage Heroes set with page 9 out of the binder.

Page 9:


Best photo:  Helen Keller
I don't know much about Keller's actual personality - but her photo makes her look positively regal (as I sort of imagine her).

Best subject:  Eleanor Roosevelt
Roosevelt used her position as the wife of a president to advocate for many, many groups and causes (and quite successfully it should be noted).  I'm not sure if she was the first first-lady to do such things, but she is probably the first one to do so well!

Best surprise:  Erin Brockovich
I imagine most people (including myself) know about Erin Brockovich from the movie that bears her name.  I'd have to go back through the first 8 pages to verify, but I believe her photo is the first actual "cleavage shot" that Topps seems to love including these days (especially in Allen & Ginter).

Best card back:  Harry S. Truman
I have a soft spot in my heart for the 1989 Topps design - so the one '89 designed card on the page wins easily!

Best card:  Helen Keller
Her card seems to fit her perfectly and she is the perfect embodiment of a hero (in terms of the disabilities that she overcame).

1 comments:

hiflew said...

Eleanor Roosevelt was the first first lady with special causes that every first lady has now. Before Roosevelt, first ladies were party hosts and little more.

Post a Comment