Featured Post

Diamond Parallel Contest: Results (Finally)!

Back in February of 2011, I started a contest where a contestant could earn one entry per 2011 Topps Diamond parallel card that they sent me.  The whole idea of the contest was that I'd be able to put together the diamond parallel set - and reward those who trade with me by providing some prizes (in addition to the actual trades as virtually no one just sent me diamond cards for "free").

Flash forward to 2013 and my diamond parallel set is still not complete.  However, I'm sick and tired of seeing the list of names on the side of the blog (I removed them prior to posting this post) so I figured it was time to close the contest and award the prizes that have been "earned" thus far.

To reiterate, I'll be sending out the following prizes:

  • 1st Place:  Complete 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter base set (without short prints) plus 75 card This Day in History set
  • 2nd Place:  Jim Palmer relic card (the promised Hall of Famer relic)
  • 3rd Place:  Strat-o-Matic Computer game

And now, to random.org...

There were 627 entries (sometimes people got multiple entries for various reasons) in the contest.  I've used random.org to randomly choose three numbers.  The three numbers correspond to the three winner's entries.  Here's the top half portion of the table of entries so you can see who won...


Congrats to the three winners.  I thought this contest was going to wrap up a lot quicker (and with a bit more success) but alas, sometimes things work, sometimes they don't!  I do appreciate all the help along the way - and I'm still looking for a few more of the diamond parallels should you have any for trade!

And now I finally have the poorly conceived contest off my conscious.  That's a relief for me if nothing else!


Comments